Posted by
Rose
at
Monday, February 02, 2009
What are your three most favorite colors?
Green (really any shade), Purple (deep and dark, not light) and Orange (but I am picky about the shade of orange)
What are you three least favorite colors?
What are you three least favorite colors?
I don't like pastels at all! I am also not crazy about most shades of red and blue, though occasionally I like a nice red (once again, I am extremely picky)
Your favorite candy is _________________.
Your favorite candy is _________________.
Fruit flavored ones, but I really prefer getting my sweets fix with sweet tea and ice cream!
Draco, Lucius, or Snape?
In the books Snape, but I must say that in the world of fan fiction (an excellent distraction for any graduate student who dislikes reading for school) Draco would be my pick.
Draco, Lucius, or Snape?
In the books Snape, but I must say that in the world of fan fiction (an excellent distraction for any graduate student who dislikes reading for school) Draco would be my pick.
Do you knit, crochet, or both?
I do both, though I have only crocheted bags and nothing else. I am also getting into making jewelry. A woman in my graduate cohort makes jewelry and wants to learn how to knit, so we're trading crafts!
What type of kit did you ask for?
Let me go check my sent messages ;) I was fairly non-committal in my sign up email. I have an obsession with knitting and crocheting bags, and I would really like to have a more challenging bag to struggle with. I have never felted (I tried on a pair of slippers which sort of worked) and the thought of a felted bag could be neat. I've been really into more complicated stitch patterns (fair isle, entrelac, cables, etc) and those don't tend to show up as well when felted. But I'm up for anything really, though I tend to get second sock (glove, mitten) syndrome....which spoils some of the fun of those types of projects.
Acrylic—has its uses, should all be burned, best yarn to work with (choose one)?
For most bag making, I've really enjoyed acrylic because it stands up really well to the ware. Though, I have some alpaca blend that is fabulous. I made a sweater out of a merino wool, it was really smooth so all my stitches showed up really well! I like being able to see my stitches. I HATE the super fuzzy/soft stuff...it really creeps me out. Plus I rock climb (sort of is more like it lately) and so the super soft stuff catches on any little bit of skin it can find (gross, I know, but its seriously annoying).
Who is the Slytherin Head Girl this term?
Who is the Slytherin Head Girl this term?
Quinn is her psuedonym, though I believe she was a Hufflepuff last term....
Name four “extras” you would love to receive in your kit.
Name four “extras” you would love to receive in your kit.
I love tea! I am working on some gloves right now and I don't have any way to contain all those DPNs for transit, so something for that would be amazing. Would yarn count as an extra? Maybe some bare yarn and kool aid...I got some as a RAOK last term and fell in love with the whole dying thing!
What are your three most favorite scents?
What are your three most favorite scents?
Okay, so the RAOK dying I did was with grape kool aid and since then fake grape has really insnared my senses. I typically enjoy fruity smells. I also like smells of some of my favorite drinks, like chai tea, coffee, green tea, etc.
Do you prefer salty or sweet snacks?
Do you prefer salty or sweet snacks?
I really don't prefer either, my snacking depends very much on the moment of the necessity. Snacks that come in bite sizes are good for class and/or paragraph reading incentives.
Which Slytherin is the Keeper of the Crucio List?
I believe that is Cass, she is a few years ahead of me here at Hogwarts.
Which Slytherin is the Keeper of the Crucio List?
I believe that is Cass, she is a few years ahead of me here at Hogwarts.
Do you really need more stitch markers?
I don't really use stitch markers. I have two sets from the last swap and plenty of paperclips. I guess if you find something really cool, I could use more, but I typically forget that I have them and grab the closest safety pins and/or paperclips and/or yarn.
Dpns, circular, or straight?
I have plenty of DPNs. I don't really use straights. I have the options set from KP, which goes down to size 4. So I guess I could use smaller sized circulars. My crochet hook collection is not as extensive as my needles thought. At a glance I could probably use a size K...I actually have my hook and needle stash up to date on ravelry...
Dpns, circular, or straight?
I have plenty of DPNs. I don't really use straights. I have the options set from KP, which goes down to size 4. So I guess I could use smaller sized circulars. My crochet hook collection is not as extensive as my needles thought. At a glance I could probably use a size K...I actually have my hook and needle stash up to date on ravelry...
What yarn makes you squee?
Um...if it is a color that I like...That is really the only qualification. When I took my friend shopping for her beginning to knit stuff I explained to her the "touch test" as I call it. So if it feels good to the touch and it is smooth and its a color I like, then I'm good!
Favorite HP Movie?
Favorite HP Movie?
Probably number 2, they've really messed up most of the movies...see the forum discussion about the 6th movie's uniforms for more on this.
Favorite HP character?
Favorite HP character?
SNAPE
Who was your first choice for DADA professor?
That whole DADA professor stuff on the forum was a little too much for me to keep track of. Please don't add me to the crucio list, I was on vacation and just didn't want to expend the brain power...
Who was your first choice for DADA professor?
That whole DADA professor stuff on the forum was a little too much for me to keep track of. Please don't add me to the crucio list, I was on vacation and just didn't want to expend the brain power...
What is the Slytherin Common Room called?
The snake pit
What makes you worthy of being in Slytherin House?
What makes you worthy of being in Slytherin House?
You have to ask that?
2 Comments:
-
- Penelope Caerphilly said...
February 4, 2009 at 7:52 PMOops did I give you a new addiction to start? My bad :P Maybe I'll send you more KoolAid mix this term haha XD- Lisa/knitnzu said...
February 5, 2009 at 5:22 PMHey! Do you have a ravelry page?