As many of you who have viewed older posts on this blog know, I (not so) recently took a little vacation to Hawaii. Now due to technical challenges I have not seen the pictures from the digital camera on anything other than the digital camera screen. Due to other technical difficulties I could not make my cell phone and my computer talk to each other until today. So I have now transfered a tiny portion of the pictures from my trip to my computer and I hope to redeem myself with my fellow Slytherins by sharing these pictures with them. I have had a great deal of difficulty posting appropriately since the roommates unceremoniously cancelled the internet account at my place of residence, and I hope that these images will inspire forgiveness in my housemates.


These two images are from the porch of one of the houses we stayed in at sunrise. That is one of my favorite things about the Hawaiian vacation, it is relatively easy to keep myself on California time so that there are no rude awakenings when I return to my real life. But these were just gorgeous mornings! The sunsets were also good, but the rain tended to start falling before the pretty cloud thing would happen so it was harder to get pictures.


That pesky rain thing also happened one day during the daytime while we were there. On that day, instead of moping around the house, we went on a drive to the North Hilo District (we were staying South of the Hilo area) and here are a couple of the views we were graced with. The first one reminds me of the images of the African plains, I think I sent this one to the BF and told him we took a side trip to another continent. The second image is of a gorgeous little bay we stopped at. There was a path down to the shoreline and a botanical garden nestled down there. It was very pretty...the other pictures are on the memory card my mom sent to me that has all the pictures, but I have a Mac so none of those little slots and my camera uses a different memory set up. So....

This snail was on the path down to the shore. He was really big, so I took a picture with my foot in it for scaling purposes. Don't really see snails this big on the mainland, do we?

Another critter. As I mentioned above, we stayed at two different houses and at the second house, this dog found us. She was really thin and perked up a ton with food. But she hung out with us for our entire stay at the second house (probably five days). My mom is the type of person who had to make sure the dog was okay before we left, and thankfully we met some people who were staying on the island for 3 months and would be in the neighborhood for quite some time after we would. So we left the dog in their care. Poor thing.


These are pictures from the sliding glass doors of the two places we stayed. They were on the same street only a few houses away from each other. The first house was up on its stilts and had really full grown landscaping (as you can see) so even though it wasn't physically secluded, it was very private, sort of like being in a tree house. The second house was much older and it was only one room. We found out that the owners wanted to remodel it and add a bedroom, but because of the new zoning regulations, they would have had to completely demolish it and build something new. So they left it as is. We also me the housekeeper and she told us that the house used to have tons of bunk beds all pilled up around the room, that's not how it was when we were there. As you can see it was right on the water, this is the house that we heard the rain in every night. It must have had a tin roof, it was a great little spot.