There is something about when the FH is here that drastically effects my computering. Having him for more than a week was fabulous; however, I barely got to knit and barely checked anything online. I kinda liked it (minus the not knitting).
So I'd like some feedback on that bit. The FH hates my knitting. Hate may be a strong word, so I don't think the entire word/emotion associated with it is exactly right, but its close. His main issue is that he doesn't think that I can be knitting and still pay attention to what is going on (which I think we all know is inaccurate). I understand that he enjoys having my full attention, and so I ask permission (i.e. "would you mind?") when we're just sitting in front of the tv relaxing. My issue is that it keeps coming back up as the thing that annoys him most, and part of that was the engaged couples class we took through the church this weekend. We both felt like there were some things that we had to pull up that we'd already worked through. Good exercises, but some reminders of the not so good stuff.
So any thoughts? Similarities? Ideas of great words I can use to explain it? (Probably not since really we've got it worked out...)
1 Comment:
-
- Clara Clovenhoof said...
June 18, 2010 at 2:27 PMA good friend of mine has the same trouble with her hubby not understanding that she can totally knit and pay attention to a conversation at the same time. Perhaps if you explain that there is a difference between brainless knitting (ie car socks or something that is a simple stockinette or garter) vs an intense lace pattern which all your focus would need to be on. I hope with time he will become understanding and recognize the difference and that you are fully capable of multi-tasking :)