Blogger Template by Blogcrowds

First things first, I will reveal my lie.....I hate making eggs first thing in the morning. I do love eating my eggs with some kind of toast, but I usually eat them at lunch or dinner time. Growing up we never had eggs in the morning, but they were frequently served for lunch or dinner. Lately, they've been a post-work-out food since I don't eat meat and its important to have protein after work-outs. That being said, I do work out a lot...though its tough to get off the couch with the unemployment thing... Speaking of unemployment, I recently finished my MA, but since I got it in counseling, I know have to complete internship hours before I can go for my licensing exam. Oh yeah, my last lie about the crafting and my obsession with really poorly mad TV shows. You guys should check out "secret life of the american teenager" it is horribly written, acted and has a bad soundtrack. The writing is hilarious! Its multi-faceted poorly done, and therefore incredible!


Now for some updates on my crafting, because I'm doing a lot of it without a job...
I am part of the Mystery Bag KAL hosted by She-Knits. I'm very excited about it as I haven't felted before and this should be a really interesting experience. I decided to chose my own colors based on the vibrant spring colors that I was seeing around at the time of planning. Dark brown, Gray, Bright Spring Green and a Vibrant purple!
In light of the upcoming felting, I'm designing some ideas to try out for knit bags with lots of pockets and some hand-dyed yarns. I am also trying out the Sushi wallet, without a pattern. I looked through the projects on Ravelry for it and think I have a good idea of what to do. Luckily, I have the right colors on hand, so I'm doing that. Though the red I have is bulky weight, so I decided to split the 4 plies into 2 each...that has been an adventure.
Finally, I was inspired by a blog entry I read looking for something else about ripping back the parts of bags that don't work so well. So I took apart 3 different bags and am working to add structure and different features to the straps and such to make them more useful for me. Let's hope it works. One I actually took apart completely to revamp the original design into a different shape, that took some guts!
I am also working on a couple of stash-busting bags that need finishing, but I cannot justify a trip to the fabric store to buy lining materials without the income. One is an ugly mixture of orange colors that I crocheted into the 8-pocket tote. I am planning to try starching it for structure and line it with an army green fabric (a color found in a variegated yarn I used; hopefully this will tone the bag down a bit). Another stash buster was a brown toned Masa Bag that I Tunisian crocheted. Lined it with some fabric on stash, pretty happy with the result. Finally, I finished the knitting and crocheting on a white bag with burgundy variegated accents done in crochet stitches. I am planning to finish it with turquoise fabric and ribbon for the lining and strap, because I attached a nice chunk of unfinished turquoise stone as the weight for the bag flap.

Well, that is a bit of what's going on in my world. Next week I am planning to have some good concrete ideas for my spoilee to take shopping!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home