Blogger Template by Blogcrowds

Alright, what has been going on...knitting, tv, pool, gym that is about it.


One very exciting project has been the mystery bag knit-a-long I am part of this summer. Its surprisingly fun waiting for each new clue every week. So far I have knit the base and a band of fair isle contained by two tucks. If you look in my projects on ravelry, I have some pictures. I have decided that I do not like the color choices in the "roles" I have put them. The gray swirls just don't pop, and I'd really like a bolder statement. So this means I'm going to frog back several rows and switch the gray and the purple. I guess this just means I will be prolonging the magic, right?

I have some great ideas for Ambyr's workshop kit, can't really say more about that here. However, I thought I would say a bit about my ideal workshop kit to help Draco bring my kit together...I am a big crafter, and really giving me random bits of things that don't necessarily go together could easily finish off a project I'm currently working on (see last week's post). Some of the projects I have in mind for the future involve dying some yarn, but I realized I do not have enough bare yarn for either of those projects. I don't know the amounts, but I currently have a stash of the knit picks bare yarn in DK weight and Lace weight (both 100% merino wool). I am a Harry Potter fan, but I don't really "wear" it, so HP accessories wouldn't necessarily get used by me. I do enjoy making jewelry and have an extensive collection of seed beads, but larger flashier focus beads are always welcome. I can't say that I dislike tasty treats (specifically tea, mint chocolates and fruity) I am not a big fan of miscellaneous nick nacks. As far as colors, just for anyone curious and I'm pretty vocal about it, I really like greens and purples, but I detest pastels. A pleasant orange is always nice as well.

Alright, I'm going to get to frogging back so that I love this mysterious bag when its done! I am so excited about this and getting my kit together. Gosh I'm such a craft-junkie!

Happy Forth for everyone Stateside!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home