Alright, I believe I mentioned the Mystery Bag KAL I am part of at the moment. At this point, I could finish it within the day, no problem. So far in the KAL I have ripped back once already...

I went from this subtle gray colorwork....

To this more bold statement with the purple swirls. Because I was carefully ripping back (picked up the appropriate stitches with a small needle before I started ripping) I chose not to attempt to pick up the stitches before the first gray tuck. Thereby changing the color ratios (both for yarn requirements and design elements). So when the final clue was revealed for the straps there wasn't enough purple or gray to make the straps, and making the straps out of any singular color would overwhelm the bag (at least in my opinion). So after some thought, I came up with my own idea....

I rotated the color pattern and put it on the lower portion of the straps. The current plan is to make the top portion of the straps gray. I am digging the colorwork on the straps because it looks cool and makes the bag a bit Slytherin-y (little snakes and S's). However, it is also seeming a bit busy with the colorworked straps and with only a bit of gray on the strap so far, there is a bit too much gray up there (with the i-cord bind off at the top of the bag and the same color in the strap at that point).
So now I am sitting looking at my progress, thinking that maybe I need to rip back to that first tuck...A bit intimidating, yes, but I want to like the finished product, and a the moment I am not convinced that will be the case.
Any thoughts on this matter would be greatly appreciated. I really don't have a problem ripping back, but I want to make sure that I'm not ripping back as a spur of the moment decision.
Other news, HBP came out last night and so far my "pre-screeners" say its better than the fifth movie. Hopefully that means I will enjoy it when the time comes to see it. Any other reviews on HBP are welcome too!