In the last week, it was decided that movies needed to be seen. My somewhat reluctant choice was Harry Potter (reluctant only because I really disliked the Order of the Pheonix) and the BF wanted to see the new Transformers movie. Now I hadn't seen the first Transformer movie, so we decided to rent it one night.
This was more of an adventure than it probably sounds like. Neither of us rent movies very often, so we of course don't have a "membership" anywhere. So we just went to the closest one to my house a "Hollywood Video". We went in, found the action section, and looked around. No Transformers. So we went to a "sequel/prequel" section (where the entire HP series was sitting along with some movies that looked so bad even I wouldn't get some sick pleasure out of them). No Transformers. This is also when the worker at the store came up to us and asked if we needed help finding something, to which we both usually answer, "no thank you" except we DID need help finding something. Conveniently, she had a copy of Transformers in the stack of DVDs in her arms and handed it to us. Not so conveniently, she proceeded to talk to us about the movies, both the one we were renting and the sequel to it. She then proceeded to assist us in renting the film and starting a new membership. Now, my sister works at a video rental store, so I know how much goes into the process. This was so much more. She talked a mile a minute, threw jokes in with the needed information, and assumed we knew a bit about Hollywood Video already. We followed most of it, but it took a bit more effort than it should have. The best was when she answered the phone...it was a complete script identifying the store, who she was, how she could help, and a sales pitch about how it was the only place you could pre-order something...quickly followed by "hican'ttalkI'mworkingcall you later". I never would have thought that she was in fact slowing down her rate of speech for us!
So we watched Transformers, which was fun. It was a bit corny, but I get a kick out of that sort of thing. Then the conversation quickly became, which movie do we see in the theaters. Luckily, our laziness won out last weekend because HP was playing much closer than Transformers. Overall, I thought HP was good, it was enjoyable and I didn't get lost (except when they were attacked at the Burrow and the Burrow was suddenly in Kansas). I wonder though how they're going to end up concluding the movie series, because it seems that just enough has been left out that they're either going to end up cutting or bringing in a lot more to those last movies. Maybe that is why the 7th movie is going to be in two parts....
Sadly, Transformers the sequel was bad. Not to bad that I wasn't amused mind you, because bad movies really entertain me. I think I put it best when I said "the only thing that could have made this better was Nicholas Cage". One of the robots even had two wrecking balls dangling suggestively as it tore apart a pyramid! I think that is all I will say about it. Well other than the fact that I am very thankful that I get some pleasure out of bad movies (10,000BC was hilarious! case in point)